Canopy Growth has already pushed the industry forward in Canada, and now we’re looking to do the same in the United States. Our mission to be the No. 1 hemp and hemp-derived CBD product company in the U.S. means we need incredible people to join us and help break down barriers.
With millions of square feet of licensed production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. Now that Canopy Growth is entering the US, it’s doing so with ambitious plans. The Company’s shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED) and the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and are even a part of the S&P/TSX 60 Index.
Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth. We are excited to be expanding to the United States, and want to continue hiring a diverse group of people in our American offices.
The Manager of Category Management will be responsible for supporting the development of our US CBD market Category Insights Strategy.
This individual will play an important role in positioning Canopy Growth as a CBD leader in the ever-evolving US marketplace. Bringing an entrepreneurial approach, this role will support the Sales Strategy team in three key areas: Customer and market-based analytics with a focus on actionable opportunity identification, planogramming and merchandising initiatives including assortment modelling, database maintenance, and support in the creation of internal and external tools for the commercial organization.
This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Category Insights & Commercial Operations and be a key business partner for the Sales and Marketing teams in the US.
- Support the development of sales strategies and capabilities to support the core sales function, consistent with Canopy Growth’s ambition to be our customers first choice partner. Including building capability in category management, shopper insights, merchandising solutions, and data-based tools
- Provide analytical insights by interpreting findings in data (consumer and shopper insights, business and financial indicators, research) to develop fact-based, actionable recommendations that support business objectives
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to develop insights & solutions to directly impact sales results via product assortment optimization, in-store space optimization/utilization, managing planograms as necessary, shopper Insights solutions, and others
- Assist in managing category partnerships through demonstration of category and customer expertise and support sales in retail accounts by developing strategic analysis & insights (Customer, Category, Shopper and Competitor) to be leveraged in the selling process, and as category advisor at selected accounts.
- Support the development of best in class tools for Canopy Growth’s Commercial organization that center around data and Insights. Lead the development of tools and solutions in Category Management and Insights for Key Accounts, Field Sales, Business Partners, and key Customers
- Other duties as assigned
- An insatiable curiosity of what makes customers tick and the ability to turn that curiosity into insight and business solutions
- An analytical thinker with an entrepreneurial attitude. Leveraging data from a variety of sources and synthesizing them into actionable business building recommendations.
- Experience in management of planogramming and assortment optimization as well as maintenance of the systems required to support (image library / SKU databases)
- A technologically savvy individual who thrives in understanding and leveraging proven and emerging technology. You have strong knowledge of modern technology, tools and information trends, advanced data analytics tools (Tableau), space planning software (JDA), image recognition, Etc.
- Experience in Beverage Alcohol, CPG, previous CBD/Cannabis or relatable industries an asset
- Walmart, Target, CVS or traditional US retailers/Pharmacies a bonus
- 7+ years progressive experience, Category Management expertise, Sales/Customer experience, Category solutions/Insights experience
This is a full-time position based out of Chicago, IL.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.