At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Supervisor, Automation & Controls, the Automation & Controls Technician maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs automated manufacturing and packaging machines to ensure manufacturing systems operate at target capacities and efficiencies. The ideal candidate will have sound knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical concepts.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair automated manufacturing and packaging machines to ensure manufacturing systems operate at target capacities and efficiencies.
- Provide technical support for instrumentation and controls systems.
- Alongside the manufacturers of equipment, install, commission, and qualify new equipment to meet the needs of Operations and Quality Assurance.
- Assist the engineering department with design and product selection activities.
- Develop, propose, and execute continuous improvement projects to improve throughput and/or reduce operating costs.
- Must be able to work varied shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending on operational requirements.
- Diploma from a certified post-secondary 2-year Technician or 3-year Technologist program.
- 4 years work experience in a related industry required.
- Hands-on experience with electro-mechanical equipment, sensors, small motors, instrumentation necessary.
- Solid knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical concepts required.
- Programming and troubleshooting experience with programmable devices an asset.
- OACETT membership an asset.
This is a full-time role based out of Smiths Falls
We appreciate your interest, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify your Talent Acquisition Partner. Please note, the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.