Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada’s top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we’re looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
Under the supervision of the Master Grower and / or Assistant Grower, the Cultivation Team Leader will:
- Effectively manage team personnel;
- Enter data in NAV;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by educating staff on the use of all checkpoints, equipment and resources;
- Maintain compliance with established policies and procedures;
- Promote and ensure that working procedures and practices are always followed, ie: health and safety, PPE, dress code;
- Respect good manufacturing practices and operational procedures;
- Observe production control points and equipment, as well as personnel and resources to ensure quality standards are met;
- Help the Assistant Farmer and / or Master Farmer, when requested;
- Work with external departments to help the department grow in size and efficiency throughout the ongoing expansion process;
- Water, fan, and drain the plants;
- Prune and clean the mother plants;
- Help with the cloning of plants;
- Defoliate flowering plants while respecting the flowering cycle;
- Operate the machinery for filling the pots;
- Identify pests and communicate data in an organized and clear manner;
- Identify fungal diseases in all stages of cannabis plant growth;
- Mix pesticides according to directions and ensure that the pesticide room is clean and well organized;
- Mix the fertilizer;
- Operate machinery for the application of pesticides;
- Apply predatory insects, according to the instructions;
- Manage the environmental system of the greenhouse in the areas required by the Master Grower and / or Assistant Grower;
- Place the plants in the designated places; on tables or on shelves, respecting the flowering cycle;
- Clean production areas and equipment;
- Record production data with accuracy and precision;
- Assist with other related tasks.
Skills and qualifications
- Diploma in horticulture or 6 months of experience in a cannabis greenhouse licensed by Health Canada;
- Course or certification in the management and application of pesticides;
- Management / leadership experience;
- Critical / Logical Thinking - it is necessary to be able to identify problems and then view them from various points of view in order to assess the best solution;
- Excellent communication skills - working with people throughout the manufacturing process, the person who will occupy the position must be able to manage people well and communicate effectively;
- Creative Thinking - must be able to solve problems in a new way, looking beyond what is established and creating a new way of doing things;
- Work under pressure - must be able to solve problems at an advanced level;
- Analytical skills - responsible for analyzing and interpreting data in the form of graphs, charts and reports.
HEXO cultivates an inclusive and respectful workplace. This includes treating everyone with dignity and fairness, and maintaining a workplace that is free of harassment, discrimination, and violence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people from different backgrounds and capabilities. This diversity brings our organization a wealth of experience that builds a better team. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring and selection process. Apply Now