Director of Cultivation
Waves of Green is seeking a Director of Cultivation to join our team. The Director of Cultivation will report directly to the office of the CEO. This position will be responsible for managing all daily operations in the cultivation. The director will ensure all plant needs are being met to ensure the highest quality cannabis is being produced. Additionally, this position requires the director to train and manage other cultivators, bud trimmers, and any other personnel with direct access to the plants. Waves of Green is a living soil cannabis cultivation facility in Southern New Jersey. We are a Tier 1 cultivation conditional application awardee. Relocation assistance will be provided.
- Overseeing the daily operations of a cannabis cultivation, including the planting, trimming, and harvesting of crops.
- Training cultivation personnel.
- Developing a cultivation plan and assigning duties to company’s personnel.
- Preform daily quality inspections of plants and report and resolve and problems.
- Organizing the transplanting and cloning processes of plants.
- Ensuring that the cannabis plant's growth requirements, such as lighting, soil PH, and nutrients, are consistently met.
- Managing the inventory of the cultivations, cannabis production, such as but not limited to equipment and HVAC systems.
- Identifying and resolving potential threats to crop yields, such as pests, molds, and mildews.
- Managing the cultivations budget to ensure production targets are met.
- Breeding new cannabis plant cultivars according to specifications.
- Ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
- Ensuring the cultivation complies with NJ state cannabis regulations and policies and cultivation procedures.
- Overseeing tracking in METRC.
- Consult during facility build out phase.
- Collaborate on the development of SOP’s for the cultivation.
Job requirements and Physical Demands
Must be 21 years or older.
Subject to background checks in accordance with the NJ Cannabis Control Commission regulations.
Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Position requires standing or sitting for long periods of time.
Available to work 40 + hours per week, including weekends.
Degree in horticulture, agriculture, or related field, preferred, but not required.
Minimum 3 + years indoor cannabis cultivation experience as a cultivator, head grower, or equivalent.
Management and team building experience.
Experience working with automated systems.