We are looking for a Remote Payroll Officer to join our remote cannabis team and administer our cannabis vendor compensation.
Payroll Officer responsibilities include calculating vendor compensation, updating our internal payroll databases and ensuring timely payments. To be successful in this role, you should have a flair for numbers and be able to handle sensitive information. If you’re also familiar with labor legislation, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help run a smooth and accurate payroll process.
- work with team to develop efficient payment solution for vendors
- Prepare vendor compensations by the end of each month using payroll software
- Schedule bank payments or hand out paychecks directly to vendors
- Distribute payment statements and gather signed receipts (digital or paper)
- Report on payroll expenses
- Ensure wages and tax withholdings comply with regulations
- Proven work experience as a Payroll Officer, Payroll Clerk or similar role
- Strong math skills with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Time-management skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- BSc in Accounting, Human Resources or relevant field