At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Director of Central Services Engineering, this senior engineering management position plays a key role in the management and execution of all site and facilities projects across the company. In this role, you will manage the work of the facility engineering team, as well as various contractors to successfully execute various utilities scope projects enabling our facilities to meet company and local/country codes, regulatory and safety requirements. Travel will be required with this opportunity as the candidate will be responsible for all CGC sites (Canada, USA, Europe). For sites other than Smiths Falls, an on-site engineer may be assigned as the local subject matter expert to assist with some of the key responsibilities.
- Manage all Facilities Engineering Projects
- Manage Facilities Engineering resources, and project coordinators
- Responsible for Engineering Service Requests assigned to Facilities supporting all other business unit’s needs
- Owner of CGC internal design manual
- Ensure that new building is in line with current Operational and Quality standards at CGC
- Budget and Capital management for large projects
- Organize stakeholders for input for future expansion and new facility/facility upgrade concepts
- Develop RFP’s and construction designs with consultants that align with company goals
- Provide the Procurement Team and Vendors with critical data
- Complete bid evaluations, and provide technical feedback to the Consultant/OEM Vendor Selection Process
- Ensure that vendors are providing the CGC team with staged design and drawing reviews throughout the project (IFR, IFC, Redline/As Builts etc.)
- Ensure the right technical lead is in place throughout the entire project process for the new buildings/areas/systems
- Coach FAT and SAT activities for newly purchased facilities equipment
- Monitor, participate and assist in other commissioning and validation activities like IQ and first-draft SOP/WI development, where required by other engineering teams
- Ensure the efficient and accurate transfer of knowledge to the facilities teams to facilitate a smooth handover
- Provide design sizing that aligns production goals, cost savings, and space constraints within the production facility
- Ensure executions meet all local/country codes, environmental, regulatory and safety requirements compliance
- Manages performance and personal development of facilities engineering team
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other engineers
- 5+ years min of engineering experience
- Post Secondary Diploma / Degree in an Engineering field
- Facilities, Process Flow, and systems experience is considered an asset
- Professional Engineering Designation is highly desirable, eligibility for professional designation required
- Familiar with engineering and construction drawings, and able to provide comments or direction
- Ability to work independently with excellent time management skills on projects that can span 12+ months
- Work with equipment and process validation with GMP validation experience is considered an asset
- The ability to work with large, cross-functional teams that are composed mid to senior level team members
- Must have excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects and work in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Technical writing experience
This is a full-time role that could be based out of the US or Canada.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth. Apply Now