At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Post-Harvest Manager, this position is responsible for the trimming (manicuring) of medical grade cannabis at Canopy Growth’s Smiths Falls Campus. The successful candidate must be organized and have an eye for detail.
- Hand trim or machine trim product to prepare it for the next stage of processing
- Conduct quality control inspections of final trimmed product
- Perform MJ Freeway software transactions
- Transfer plants to appropriate location
- Create batches and waste packages
- Record and maintain weights for pay for performance spreadsheet
- Apply labels to individual pots, lifting up to 50lbs
- Operating and maintaining equipment as per SOPs
- Data entry (Google Docs, Email, etc.)
- Maintain a clean and organized work station
- Ensure the washbay remains organized and all equipment is cleaned in a timely manner so that flow is not interrupted
- Clean grow rooms and dry rooms using a respirator as required in accordance with SOPs
- Clean and record equipment/product in the appropriate logs
- Run product through machines as prioritized by management
- Inspection of other departments as required
- Required to work a variable of different shifts
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid manual dexterity using scissors, snips and sheers
- Ability to stay organized and follow standard operating procedures to ensure consistency of product
- Willingness to perform varied tasks as required
- Experience in a similar setting / willingness to work in a loud, confined space
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Comfortable with computers and data entry
- Keen attention to detail
- Previous MMAR experience considered an asset
This is a full-time role based out of Smiths Falls, ON.
We appreciate your interest, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify your Talent Acquisition Partner. Please note, the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.