At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting directly to the Quality Assurance Manager, Edibles, the Quality Assurance Technician performs material assessments, and duties as assigned in accordance with Part 5 – Good Production Practices of the Cannabis Regulations (SOR/2018-144), and the Food and Drug Act.
- Executing and monitoring our internal hold and release procedure
- Performing in-process quality checks, such as line clearances
- Environmental monitoring tasks
- Reviewing various production documentation for completeness and accuracy while adhering to Good Documentation Practice
- Monitoring internal task logging software and making changes as required
- Qualifying new production rooms for use
- Basic laboratory work including preparation of culture media plates, when required
- Assisting with cleaning validations
- Initiating and completing non-conformity reports and corrective action plans
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Degree or diploma in biology, biotechnology, pharmacology or related field (or relevant working experience)
- Working knowledge of Good Documentation Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices and Cannabis Regulations as asset
- Experience reviewing and revising regulated documents
- Experience working in an ISO:9001 or GMP environment considered an asset
- Experience in a fast-paced working environment where time management, organization and problem solving were key skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Experience with ERP systems (Sage or SAP) considered an asset
This is a contract role based out of Smith Falls, Ontario.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth. Apply Now