At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
This position is responsible for managing the inventory control processes for Canopy Growth, working w/ I.B.P forecasting across multiple facilities in the U.S. market. The successful candidate is a highly motivated, self-directed individual capable of multi-tasking with a high level of professionalism working with various departments.
- Aggregate product need from marketing team and use/develop statistical tools to forecast demand.
- Compile detailed view of inventory available / future. Highlight issues, lead corrective actions and escalate roadblocks for prompt resolution
- Forecast needs for consumables and ensure adequate safety stocks are always maintained
- Lead initiatives to resolve capacity issues including implementing additional work shift, sourcing additional equipment and developing CapEx needs
- Along with the IT team, develop and implement MRP, scheduling and inventory management tools?
- Develop analysis and recommendations on product mix across various facilities. Track and analyze key metrics such as throughput, OEE, inventory turns, load leveling, labor usage, etc.?
- Lead special projects as required, including consolidating inventory positions for international expansions and supporting product launches.
- Highlight issues, lead corrective actions and escalate roadblocks for prompt resolution in relation to Inventory issues (Compliance, Process breaks, etc).
- Organize and facilitate quarterly inventory counts and a cycle count program (approved by Supply Chain, Finance, and Internal Audit leadership).
- Implement a widespread Inventory audit program to support Operations partners in being more efficient and providing policy around inventory management.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ERP and inventory management tools.
- Review and update policies related to inventory control, considering the needs of various stakeholders across the company (Compliance, Quality, Operations, etc.)
- Own and update the Inventory Control Charter and Mandate and educate Canopy on the role IC plays and the value it provides.
- Carry out data analytics, research, and response for variances
- Undertake analysis on inventory levels, aging, and obsolescence
- Responsible for preparing and reporting progress of monthly inventory forecast
- Responsible for the management of excess and obsolescence
- Scrutinize and analyze inventory issues and apply LEAN methods to prepare recommendations for policy/process improvements related to inventory tracking and accuracy
- Develop performance metrics and reporting tools, and establish ad-hoc reporting to enhance department efficiency
- Responsible for analyzing data and generating monthly dashboards/reports to ensure inventory accuracy
- Responsible for identifying the root cause of all inventory adjustments
Experience and Background
- Five years of experience working as a business or inventory analyst in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Degree in supply chain or management.
- Strong Analytical skills, solutions oriented and excellent creative problem-solving skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Has experience with developing work instructions, SOP’s, process flows and performing/documenting root cause analysis directly related to inventory management (count plans, transactions, reconciliations) . Disciplined to follow/enforce processes and procedures.
- Experience dealing with off-site and subcontracting inventory processes and suppliers.
- SAP experience
- Has managed/developed inventory programs in the past.
- Has general understanding of Finance as related to inventory management.
This is a full-time position based out of Denver, CO. Depending on your seniority and what you bring to the table, we’ll figure everything else out. There will certainly be a need to travel and to spend significant time in Denver, CO.
Canopy Growth offers a wide range of benefits for employees in the United States including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401k plan, and paid time off.
Pay range: $76,500 USD per year, commensurate with experience, specific to Colorado.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth. Apply Now