Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
We are looking for a very well organized and detail-oriented individual to join our Edibles Quality Team. Reporting to the Food Safety and Quality Manager, The Food Safety and Quality Technician will be responsible for conducting testing, sampling, monitoring and verification duties related to the Edibles Preventive Control Program. The FSQT follows the direction of the FSQ Manager, Quality Assurance policies and procedures to conduct activities for the effective implementation of SOPs and checks under the PCP. If you have sound judgment and great time management skills mixed with the ability to work as part of an ever-growing team, we want to hear from you!
- Responsible for monitoring activities related to product safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for monitoring and verifying critical control points (CCP).
- Responsible for performing sanitation inspection and allergen testing on equipment and other are as required.
- Responsible for the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and documentation.
- Ensure the correct formulation guidelines for products are met during processing.
- Ensure employees are following Food Safety Preventive Control Plan guidelines.
- Collect samples for environmental monitoring, validation studies, final product testing, in process product testing, product development, and raw materials testing when directed.
- Perform verification audits of assigned corrective actions.
- Aid in the communication and development of corrective actions for audit, production and customer complaint non-conformities.
- Aid in Document Control Program.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or college certificate in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or Microbiology.
- 1-2 years’ experience in food industry, ideally in a quality assurance and/or quality control position preferred.
- Knowledge of HACCP, Safe Food for Canadians Regulations, GFSI, Codex Standards etc. Knowledge of Cannabis Regulations would be an asset.
- Basic understanding of microbiology and aseptic technique.
- Computer literate, particularly in excel and word.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Organized and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Self-directed and able to work autonomously.
- Excellent people skills, including listening skills, team-oriented attitude and problem-solving skills.
- Willing to travel to other facilities as required.
This is a full time position based out of Smiths Falls, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.