Job Title: Inventory Clerk/Buyer
Reports To: Store Manager
Job Status: Regular Full Time
Type: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Pay Rate: $17.00-$19.00
The Inventory Clerk/Buyer will manage all aspects of procurement of retail cannabis products from grower/processors for Between the Ferns Cannabis. The Inventory Clerk/Buyer monitors and reports on the company’s inventory, assures efficient handling of the company’s products and supplies in support of the attainment of all business goals. The successful candidate is a reliable professional, with excellent record-keeping abilities, demonstrates excellent attention to detail, and has a strong business mindset. The Inventory Clerk/Buyer also maintains proactive relationships with the Store Manager, vendors and staff.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes and prepares all purchase orders for approval for store products.
- Analyzes budgets and compares to actual costs; reports on variances.
- Examines shipment contents and compares with manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
- Maintains electronic tracking and inventory management system.
- Monitors shipments, including receipts, for charges, damages, and/or discrepancies for reporting purposes.
- Responsible for initiating product pricing and adjustments to maximize store profits.
- Actively communicates with vendor representatives to rectify problems, such as damages or shortages.
- Maintains inventory of all cannabis merchandise, examining all items for quality and identifying all re-order and replenishment needs.
- Coordinates with all established vendors to ensure proper inventory levels are being met. This includes the introduction of both new and promotional items that meet the needs of the local customer demographic.
- Serves as coordinator for all inventory audit processes, provides insight and support of store inventory merchandise and control procedures.
- Maintains inventory in an orderly, easily identifiable, and accessible manner.
- Prepares and executes inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, investigates discrepancies or errors; maintains the electronic inventory control program.
- Recommends disposal of excess, defective or obsolete stock.
- Determines proper storage methods and stock location based upon turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
PREFERENCE: Indian Preference applies to all position with Between the Ferns Cannabis.
The qualifications listed below are required for the incumbent to have, in order to be considered for the position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING FOR POSITION:
- High School diploma or GED is required; and
- three to five years’ experience preferred in a retail buyer environment preferred; and
- strong retail operations knowledge, including inventory control, loss prevention, retail POS systems, merchandising, customer service and budget preparation.
REQUIRED SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES FOR POSITION:
- knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems, such as managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology; and
- knowledge of inventory items and materials, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods; and
- effective communication; written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution; and
- ability to work independently and possesses a sense of urgency, is high energy, and applies a hands-on approach; and
- basic computer and software experience using MS Office products; and
- although the Inventory Clerk/ Buyer role may typically maintain a Monday through Friday schedule, the successful applicant will be willing to work evening and weekend shifts as necessary.
REQUIRED CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- must pass drug test for illegal/non-prescribed controlled substances at time of hire and throughout employment; and
- all applicants must be at least 21 years of age with no prior felony offenses.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.):
- between the Ferns is a retail establishment, operating 7 days a week with evening hours; and
- staff are expected to work schedules provided in advance with leave time pursuant to store policy; and
- while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit/stand for long periods and frequently required to talk and listen; and
- sitting/standing for extended periods; and
- manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, calculator, and telephone system; and
- ability to lift up to 20+ pounds without assistance occasionally; and
- read, write, speak and understand English; and
- ability to listen, understands customers, and has the ability to translate rules, regulations, and policies to clients so they understand the issues/problems; and
- operate in mentally and physically stressful situations with composure; and
- may have to walk/drive between office locations under a variety of conditions; and
- must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip from assigned work areas.
I have read and understand the position requirements as stated above. I understand that occasionally I may be instructed to perform duties that are not listed above but are relative to my position.