Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada’s top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we’re looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
The People and Culture (HR) Manger is tasked with ensuring alignment between the business operations, practices and objectives.
They must have a keen understanding of the business’s strategy, providing dynamic solutions using experience, data analyses, and organizational agility to guide their decision making.
The manager will provide consulting and coaching to departmental leaders and managers in order to support the business’s vision, mission, and overall objectives.
They are also responsible for aligning both people management with business strategies.
The Manager must have an inclusive leadership mindset to further expand Hexo’s Social governance commitment to our employees, clients, vendors and the communities nationally.
Management and Support:
• Consults with the business’s leadership and management in order to foster and promote the engagement of the business’s core values at all levels. In this position.
• Assists management and leadership in resolving employee relation issues, conducting effective investigations, and recommending action for sensitive and complex situations.
• Coaches the business’s departmental heads and management in performance management processes, compensation and remuneration programs, recruitment practices, and management decision making.
• Assists leadership and management on progressive discipline of employees as well as employment decisions.
• Plays a major role in the management of varied projects throughout the business, actively participating in project teams, and implementing initiatives while simultaneously ensuring proper communication and collaboration within business departments and with business partners.
• Provides leadership and coaching to the People & Culture team members
• Has a strategic role in the direction of the people management function in the business through the undertaking of appropriate diagnostic measures.
• Facilitates effective implementation of new people management initiatives in different departments and levels of the business as appropriate.
• Ensures that there is alignment between people management strategies and the existing business’s policies and procedures, updating each as required.
• Helps in developing and applying changes to people management strategies, implementing a people cycle, and establishing recruitment and training programs.
• Helps in executing and at times developing full cycle recruitment plans and talent sourcing strategies that guarantee the attraction, selection, and successful recruitment of potential talents that will further drive the business’s overall objectives.
• Collaborates with the business’s leaders and management in developing recruitment plans, identifying training needs, and advocating for continuous learning for employees where necessary, providing coaching and mentoring support where required.
• Works with the P&C team in developing the people management plans and strategies.
• Takes initiative and builds relationships with employees in order to facilitate a collaborative working practice.
• Conducts research, and consistently develops and enforces People and Culture procedures and policies.
• Analyses and reports on KPIs and trends related to human capital in the business and uses these findings to develop strategies and solutions to issues that affect the business’s employee relations.
• Reports on all people metrics as necessary, for example, turnover and recommends necessary adjustments to senior management with a view of enhancing departmental performance.
• Reviews gaps in leadership capability across departments within the business and develops action plans accordingly.
Knowledge and Opportunity:
• Maintains a clear and detailed knowledge of the industry trends, best practices, and labor legislation. This guarantees attraction and retention of valuable employees by guaranteeing efficient people management practices within the business leading to employee satisfaction.
• Plays an active role in social, cultural, and educational projects that reflect the values and beliefs of the business.
Must have a bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in Human Resources, Psychology, Business or any other related field.
5 years of experience.
Human Resources designation is preferred (CHRP or CHRL or equivalent)
Has a vast knowledge of relevant labor laws and practices.
Great knowledge of standard hiring practices, recruitment metrics, interview techniques, and management systems and approaches.
Proven and successful experience in influencing senior management and departmental heads into the adoption of ultimately beneficial people management policies and procedures.
Proven and successful problem-solving experience leading to lasting employee relations solutions.
Exceptional communication skills both in written and verbal form and the clarity with which instructions are delivered.
Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite. HRIS systems.
Demonstrate a passion and skill for drawing actionable insights from raw information and data.
Capable of performing standard analyses on existent people management policies and programs and drawing actionable solutions, identifying areas of improvement, and drawing detailed recommendations from those assessments, which will lead to an overall increased performance within the business.
Must be helpful and service-oriented, have an ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, be able to be discreet when dealing with confidential information, and have an ability to handle multiple projects.
Must be self-motivated, be proactive, have a keen eye for detail, be result-oriented, and have an ability to work stay calm under pressure.
HEXO cultivates an inclusive and respectful workplace. This includes treating everyone with dignity and fairness, and maintaining a workplace that is free of harassment, discrimination, and violence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people from different backgrounds and capabilities. This diversity brings our organization a wealth of experience that builds a better team. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring and selection process. Apply Now