Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
As the Store Manager’s right hand, the Assistant Store Manager supports the Store Manager with the overall store experience, employee experience, results and operations. Our ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, passionate and a proven leader. With experience in retail management, you are capable of building and motivating a team of outgoing, results-oriented sales staff that act as brand ambassadors for Tokyo Smoke inside and outside of the store.
You know what it takes to be a team player and partner with a Store Manager to create a thriving retail business and culture. Some would call you a trailblazer - you aren’t afraid of taking risks or dealing with ambiguity. You thrive in environments where you get to problem solve, be creative and overcome challenges to achieve business metrics. Recognizing that we operate in a burgeoning industry, you see the immense value in our retail locations as billboards for the brand and take pride in improving all aspects of the store to ensure Tokyo Smoke’s success within the recreational cannabis landscape.
- Use strong floor management skills to manage the day-to-day operations of the store and drive sales
- Partner with the Store Manager to drive sales and brand awareness
- Support with overseeing the store architecture and delegating duties accordingly
- Support the Store Manager to ensure staff are engaged and decrease turnover
- Assist in hiring and building strong internal pipelines through coaching
- Deliver exceptional customer service and lead by example
- Support in managing all in-store product and merchandise
- Offer solutions to the Store Manager to build a strong business and culture
- Seize opportunities to drive results and ensure operational excellence
- Train and develop your team of retail sales staff; ensure staff are educated on all products
- Build and cultivate lasting customer relationships and enable all staff members to do the same
- Demonstrate strong time management and organization skills to keep priorities in focus
- Effectively communicate needs and ideas to upper management in order to elevate the business
- Meet sales targets and ensure the business achieves profitability by supporting the Store Manager in controlling costs (labour, supplies, inventory etc.)
- Create relationships with local businesses and participate in community events
- Stay up-to-date (and ensure staff are up to date as well) with product knowledge, company information, new launches, campaigns and promotions
- Enforce all company policies and programs, ensuring compliance
- Adhere to all legislative requirements of cannabis retailers, including federal, provincial and municipal legislation
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3-5 years in retail management
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Resourceful, creative and solution-oriented
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize
- A leader with a proven ability to train others and retain talent
- Ability to analyze sales reports, identify business trends, and react quickly to the needs of the business
- Strong floor leadership and coaching skills to develop and motivate a sales team
- Proven ability to drive positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Industry awareness and strong business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Passionate about cannabis and are excited to bring it to market for recreational purposes
- Open to feedback and coaching
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and personal responsibility
- Comfortable working variable shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Comfortable lifting and unpacking boxes that may weigh 5-30 lbs
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in a regulated environment before
- Bonus points if you have completed your Sell Safe training and hold a Qualified Cannabis Workers certification
This is a part-time position based out of Morden, MB.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.