The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst leads the design and implementation of BI solutions that are aligned with business strategies and objectives.
He or She must have a strong understanding of BI development life cycle from requirements gathering, logical and physical data model design, implementation, testing to deployment, training, and support. The BI Analyst has a firm grasp of reporting and analytics tools and an in-depth experience with BI tools and environments specifically the Microsoft BI Stack.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, tests, and maintains the Microsoft Azure SQL Business Intelligence database warehouse, application, and reporting. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical and data problems.
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather stakeholder requirements to drive key business strategy, decisions and translate this into specific technical requirements – solutions.
- Designs and monitors end-user reporting tools and systems, ensuring reports are accurate and up to date.
- Creates Universe, reports, report templates, and analytic environments as is necessary to satisfy requirements.
- Collaborates and works with management team to facilitate, define, and document data requirements as the foundation for database design, data extraction, analysis and cleansing.
- Ensures accuracy and reliability of reports and underlying data.
- Maintains, supports, and enhances the business intelligence data backend, including data lakes and warehouse.
- Assists with the creation of data models including robust data definitions, entity-relationship-attribute models, as well as relational and/or dimensional models and provides guidance regarding usage of these models.
- Provides production support for data lake warehousing within the organization.
- Design and deliver end user training on the BI Tools.
- Trains users to transform data into action-oriented information and to use that information correctly.
- Responsible for the design, maintenance and administration of the organization’s Business Intelligence solutions and dashboards to enhance business strategy decision-making capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or designee.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Intelligence Analytics, Computer Science, OR related field from an accredited college or university.
- Microsoft BI Certification desired.
- 5 years of Microsoft SQL database, programming, and queries expertise.
- 5 years of Microsoft Power BI experience.
- 5 years of Data Analytics, Dashboards Reporting, and Data Lakes/Warehouse experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Acts with accountability, responsibility, takes ownership and highly motivated.
- Excellent customer service and follow up skills and desire to accomplish goals.
- Team oriented, hard work ethic, strong oral communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.