Title: Digital Media Representative
Location: Clearwater, FL
Trulieve is looking for an Digital Media Representative to fill a key role within the Marketing team. The position will support engagements across company digital media channels which include social media, e-mail and web-based platforms..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide superior patient care across all digital media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, email and more).
- Provide superior customer care through digital platforms.
- Engage with social media audiences daily.
- Support patient acquisition by responding to online inquiries.
- Perform digital patient care tasks.
- Act in accordance with company procedures and industry standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skill and Qualifications:
- Proven track record of innovation and creative thinking.
- Proven ability handling escalated situations with compassion.
- Proven understanding and experience in use of social media and its role in business.
- Strong customer service skills.
- One to Three years of progressive experience in a social media and/or customer service environment preferred
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure/fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive and compassionate attitude.
- Dependable and flexible with your schedule. You may be required to work nights and/or weekends.
- Knowledge and proven track record of exceptional decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background screening.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
This position will work an average of 40 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise. Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position.
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure requirements of this position can be fully met. Due to the nature of our business, it is advocated that when representing Trulieve that our professionalism meets the needs of the medical patient base that we respectively serve. To uniformly align with the organization, an individual must be able to provide a level of communication that aligns respectively with the diversification of our patients which may exhibit opportunities to assess the situation and apply meaningful service. In addition, must be able to quickly identify and insert additional support where needed to deescalate situations without compromising Trulieve’s objective in serving our patient base with excellent customer service.
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace