Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the Store Manager, Key Lead own an area of the retail business and use strong leadership skills to create an exceptional experience for retail staff and customers. As a member of the retail management team, you are accountable for results and achieving sales goals through effective floor management. You are capable of leading an engaged team and coaching in the moment to ensure Education Specialists can provide a highquality customer experience. You understand what it means to be a brand ambassador for Tokyo Smoke inside and outside of our stores. You know what it takes to be a team player and are excited about the opportunity to have an impact by managing an area of the retail business, like product, operations or community. Some would call you a trailblazer - you aren’t afraid of taking risks or dealing with ambiguity. You thrive in environments where you get to problem solve, be creative and overcome challenges to achieve business metrics. Recognizing that we operate in a burgeoning industry, you see the immense value in our retail locations as billboards for the brand and take pride in improving all aspects of the store to ensure Tokyo Smoke’s success within the recreational cannabis landscape.
- Use strong floor management skills to manage the day-to-day operations of the store and drive sales
- Train and coach educators on product education and ensure an intentional customer experience
- Ensure sales targets and business metrics are met
- Lead by example and deliver exceptional, intentional customer service
- Seize opportunities to improve business results and build an engaged team
- Think outside the box and offer solutions to retail management team to improve and achieve operational excellence
- Ensure the store meets and adheres to all company training and operational standards and procedures (education, merchandising, cleanliness, security, checklists etc.)
- Own your area of the store architecture or retail business as a creative entrepreneur with a high degree of personal responsibility
- Build and cultivate lasting customer relationships and enable all staff members to do the same
- Demonstrate strong time management and organization skills to keep priorities in focus
- Create relationships with local businesses and participate in community events
- Stay up-to-date (and ensure staff are up to date as well) with product knowledge, company information, new launches, campaigns and promotions
- Enforce all company policies and programs, ensuring compliance
- Adhere to all legislative requirements of cannabis retailers, including federal, provincial and municipal legislation
- Complete tasks as assigned by the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1-3 years floor management experience
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Resourceful, creative and solution-oriented • Ability to work plan, prioritize and organize
- A leader with a proven ability to train others and retain talent
- Strong floor leadership and coaching skills to develop and motivate a sales team
- Proven ability to drive positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- You are passionate about cannabis and are excited to bring it to market for recreational purposes
- You are open to feedback and coaching
- You demonstrate high levels of integrity and personal responsibility
- You are trustworthy and customer-oriented
- Comfortable working variable shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Comfortable lifting and unpacking boxes that may weigh 5-30 lbs
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in a regulated environment before
- Bonus points if you have completed your Sell Safe training and hold a Qualified Cannabis Workers certification
This is a casual part-time position based out of Morden, MB.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.