Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Canopy is looking for a Master Planner to join its Integrated Business Planning (IBP) team on a permanent full-time position basis. The mandate of the Master Planner, IBP is to help in the management, execution, and continual improvement of the IBP processes and enabling tools, and to ensure that functional leaders, managers, and team members are aligned on supply plans.
- Prepare and conduct the IBP process cycle and attend related meetings
- Ensure that assumptions, risks, and opportunities relating to the medium and long term business targets are identified, monitored, and reported
- Document and disseminate actions targeting risks to the realization of opportunities as identified via IBP
- Assist in the continual improvement of the IBP process to ensure that it meets known and expected business needs
- Work closely with colleagues on the IBP team as well as key stakeholders to define, build, and implement scorecards, enhance KPI reports, and build dashboards
- Develop, maintain, and report on key supply planning process metrics
- Guide the collaborative efforts of key stakeholders from operations, procurement, and other functional areas to minimize inventory while attaining service level targets
- Provide strategic volume, raw material requirements, and capacity analysis as needed
- Support the demand planning team in the development of consensus demand forecasts
- Develop, evaluate, and present “What if?” scenarios that leverage opportunities and address challenges
- Assist in developing strategies for new product introductions (NPI) as well as end-of-life (EOL) products
- Assist in onboarding new team members, capture and share best practices, and impart role-specific knowledge
- Define and execute the process for the disaggregation of IBP supply plans
- Coordinate and communicate action plans
- Other duties as assigned
Systems and data
- Validate that data generated by functions and programs is suitable for IBP
- Monitor and maintain demand planning parameters in the planning system
- Ensure all data generated via IBP is accurate and on time for reporting
- Verify and maintain master data and planning parameters in the advanced planning system (APS)
- Be a subject matter expert for the APS
- Create, deliver, and update APS training material, guidelines, and tools
- Review daily log files to ensure successful demand planning data loads, and assist in resolving errors
- Assist in prioritizing requests for changes to the APS including new functionality
- Provide guidance on business process changes
- Assist in creating and maintaining user accounts groups and users
- Assist in defining and maintaining access security to APS features
- Post-secondary education in supply chain management or a related field
- Knowledge and experience in IBP and/or Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Knowledge in business, strong technical skills, expertise in supply chain management, and experience in supply chain planning
- Experience working and collaborating with demand and supply-side professionals as well as individuals from supporting functional areas
- Financial aptitude and ability to interact with all levels of the organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Skills required to effectively manage complex and rapidly evolving situations
- Communication skills that enable change, problem resolution, mediation, and the ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Knowledge and experience working with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software systems
- Knowledge and experience working with advanced planning systems (Kinaxis RapidResponse preferred)
- Commit to acquiring or already hold one or both of the APICS Certifications below:
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
Other Details This is a full-time position based out of Smiths Falls, ON with some travel to Kanata, ON required.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.