Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
The Facility Supervisor will be responsible for all maintenance requirements within the Edmonton Campus. This individual will be required to manage the facilities team, and ensure all preventative maintenance is on schedule. The candidate will be responsible for dealing with contractors and creating necessary schedules for the site.
- Compliance with building safety code, fire plan, and fire extinguishers inspection plan
- Provides leadership, expertise and advice to senior management and related disciplines in all matters related to equipment for the site
- Achieves optimum equipment performance and availability through the execution of preventative maintenance programs to meet operational plans, schedules and standards
- Directs the execution of corrective breakdown maintenance activities to ensure they are carried out safely, correctly and efficiently in order to maximize equipment availability
- Responsible for access to building including keys and badges under QA supervision
- Proposal and implementation of solutions to reduce operational expenditures
- Coordinate major repairs and other capital extensive projects
- Manage the operational budget related to the ongoing maintenance, upgrading, retrofitting, and ensuring the campus is fully operational at all times
- Manage capital projects to a budget, liaison with service and equipment suppliers and lead the introduction and integration of new technology and equipment into the operation
- Foster strong relationships with third party contractors and ensure frequent communication with internal and external and external departments and stakeholders
- Manage the daily activities of trades and the Power Engineers
- Assist with budget for the fiscal year and prepare monthly variance reports
- Prepare RFP documentation for proposed projects to include ROI’s and justifications as needed
- Optimization of production up-time and equipment reliability and availability
- Commissioning of processes and equipment once installed
- Installation of new equipment, relocation of existing equipment, and upgrades to existing equipment
- Maintaining operational uptime for all automated building and operational systems
- Provide mentorship and guidance for maintenance employees
- Hire and oversees training and supervision of staff
- Accomplish work within the confines of the budget set by the General Manager
- Develop plans to ensure annual KPI objectives are achieved for safety, quality, productivity, equipment/machinery reliability and supporting continuous improvement initiatives
- Promote and ensure a safe work environment with strict adherence to H&S protocols
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with any company SOP’s and guidelines to safeguard product and process integrity
- Other duties as assigned
- Five (5) + years of Managerial experience with a preference given to those coming from a Pharma/Bio-Pharma/ manufacturing environment
- Post-Secondary education, preferably diploma/degree in engineering or relevant facilities management experience. Power Engineering / Red seal Millwright/Electrician certification will be an asset
- Strong self-motivator with a commitment to achieving excellence
- Knowledge of HVAC, irrigation, lighting systems , CMMS and BAS
- Experience working with contractors and maintaining schedules
- Exhibit sound judgement with excellent decision-making, influencing and negotiating skills
- Professional demeanor
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to organize/ prioritize workload
- Attention to detail and accuracy
This is a full-time position based out of Edmonton, Alberta.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.