Regulatory Manager - Winnipeg or Ste Agathe, Manitoba (Manitoba Harvest)
Tilray Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY) is a global pioneer in the research, cultivation, production and distribution of cannabis currently serving patients and consumers in thirteen countries spanning five continents. Tilray operates state-of-the-art cannabis facilities in Canada and Portugal and teams in the U.S., Australia & New Zealand, Europe and Latin America. Tilray is pioneering the future of the industry globally by forging industry-disruptive partnerships and building a robust house of brands.
Manitoba Harvest, the world’s largest hemp foods company, offers a portfolio of hemp foods and CBD wellness products to consumers across North America. Our mission is to inspire a better way, a better life & a better world – and it’s up to us to sow these seeds of change. Our mission is to transform consumer health through the power of hemp foods.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a worldwide network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to pioneer the future of cannabis globally and establish Tilray as the world’s most trusted and valuable cannabis brand.
Reporting to the Director of quality, the Regulatory Manager is responsible for maintaining and monitoring regulatory compliance and quality as it relates to new and existing hemp food products, ensuring compliance with regional and international requirements.
- Assess regulatory environments and requirements pertaining to current and upcoming Canadian, U.S., and International hemp food, supplement, and trade regulations
- Ensure regulatory compliance of formulations, raw materials, finished products, and packaging
- Oversee the development and compliance of product labels, including; formulation and naming, ingredients lists, allergen declarations, nutritional / supplement facts tables, and product claims
- Ensure good standing and compliance to all product certifications (i.e. organic, non-GMO, kosher, halal, gluten-free, etc.) and required licenses (Health Canada, CFIA, FDA)
- Identify and define export requirements for successful product export / import into other countries
- Ensure trade compliance with all regional permits, FDA requirements, NAFTA agreements and other regionally required trade certificates
- Resolve regulatory issues raised internally, externally, or by government agencies and initiate corrective action as required
- Collaborate with Operations & Quality teams to coordinate and implement regulatory requirements
- Post-secondary degree related to Food Science, Nutrition or Trade and Logistics
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Regulatory Affairs in food and beverage regulations and consumer packaged goods
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the U.S. and Canadian Food & Drugs Act and Regulations and other consumer packaging regulations
- Strong working knowledge and experience in nutrition, product formulations, claims, and labelling standards
- Understanding of Hemp Regulations and/or Cannabis regulations a definite assest
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability to influence and lead successfully in a complex, fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building and leadership abilities
- Superior report writing, communication, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to apply high level root-cause and problem-solving skills at all levels and the ability to set priorities and provide appropriate structure to solve problems/issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Some travel may be required
Tilray/Manitoba Harvest welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray/Manitoba Harvest does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray/Manitoba Harvest does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com