Arena Pharmaceuticals is driven to deliver novel, transformational medicines with optimized pharmacology and pharmacokinetics to patients globally. Arena’s proprietary pipeline includes multiple potentially first or best-in-class assets with broad clinical utility.
The Opportunity:The Associate Director, Program Analytics & Reporting produces dashboards and status reports for enterprise programs. This individual needs to understand the drug development and commercialization process. They are responsible for gathering business requirements from program teams and the ePMO and partnering with IT to deliver dashboards, produce custom reports and conduct ad hoc analyses of program data. Key responsibilities include identifying key performance indicators, analyzing program performance and communicating status to functional and senior leaders. This role requires strong data analytics skills to design new reports, review data for accuracy, interpret findings and present information in a clear, concise manner. Finally, this role requires excellent cross-functional communication and collaboration. This individual will work closely with Program Managers, Program Leaders, Corporate Strategy, IT and Finance to share information and insights regarding program progress.
What you will dive into:
- Manage tools used by the ePMO team for project planning, communication, collaboration, and reporting.
- Create and deliver dashboards that inform executives and senior leaders on progress to plan for all enterprise programs.
- Partner with Program Teams to gather program information, verify data accuracy and highlight delays that require follow-up.
- Prepare executive status reports of performance on a monthly and quarterly basis and present them to the Executive and functional leadership teams.
- Identify opportunities to automate reporting and report creation and collaborate with IT to deliver those solutions.
- Create templates and tools for program teams and oversee secured access to confidential program information.
- Partner with program teams and IT to research, evaluate and implement additional applications or features that could improve the effectiveness and efficiency of program management and reporting.
- Develop analytics that help to forecast program performance, improve program planning and inform portfolio prioritization.
- Provide ad hoc reports to finance, new product planning and corporate strategy as needed.
- Develop analytics and templates to support long-range planning, budgeting, goal setting and business reviews for program teams.
- Other duties as assigned or required
What we expect:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of relevant and progressive experience in applications administration and reporting
- Experience in full-cycle drug development and commercialization
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, Smartsheet, Box, Veeva and Power BI
- Clear understanding of the critical path and a drive to find solutions to meet or exceed timelines
- Demonstrated ability to act/think strategically and see “the big picture”, all the while being hands-on
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and manage others, even if not direct reports/formal authority
- Demonstrates excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills
- Detail-oriented with effective problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process oriented with the ability to understand complex data and information
- Passion for science
- Travel up to 15% (US and International)
What We Offer:
- To be part of a growing company and fantastic team passionate about developing novel drug therapies to improve people’s lives
- Opportunities to learn and contribute to creative solutions
- Competitive compensation package including long-term incentives
- Comprehensive health insurance (highly subsidized cost sharing on all medical plans)
- Generous matching 401k retirement plan
- Flexible time off policy and holidays including two company-wide shut-down periods each year
- Multi-cultural work environment
- Company celebrations
Arena celebrates and supports our differences and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Arena is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
By submitting a resume for consideration, applicants verify that they have read Arena's Applicant Personal Information Privacy Notice.