The Applications Manager leads technical delivery of IT solutions for our key business stakeholders, largely for our retail or manufacturing facility footprint. It includes managing the development and implementation of IT solutions across all facets of our business. Projects will vary based on the type of business that is supported – for example, Retail Applications will namely focus on POS, loyalty, kiosks, delivery apps, store web solutions while our CPG Applications include various state seed-to-sale systems. This position requires a steadfast execution mindset, strong retail IT background, exceptional communication and collaboration skills and the ability to collaborate in a demanding environment while maintaining a composed, professional demeanor. A high degree of ownership, initiative, interaction and teamwork is required to be effective in the role. This position requires an outside the box strategic thinker with the flexibility to manage the fast pace and unique challenges of the cannabis industry.
- Strategize with key business partners to ensure configuration, and functional needs of the business’ applications are met, and overall system health.
- Advise on Vendor upgrades or updates to underlying code
- Advise on Vendor selection and relationship
- Maintain knowledge base system and help desk support
- Manage IT system setup for all new store openings and coordinates handover to support / business teams.
- Manages IT system setup for all new store openings and coordinates handover to support / business teams.
- Maintain Technical vendor relationship and be first line contact with key business partners when system is nonoperational
- Maintain integrations between third party vendors, monitoring data transfer and technical improvements
- Report system health, events, and KPIs on applications to key business partners and advise on improvement or deficiencies within the overall system.
- Coordinate with IT service delivery, IT operations and other key business partners for software deployment, updates, rollouts and all other IT aspects
- Understand Vendor upgrade road maps and how changes may impact the business
- Partner with key cross functional business stakeholders on roadmap and prioritization of technical improvements and coordination across multiple vendors.
- Lead day-to-day retail IT operations for all on-premise, hosted, and cloud infrastructure, storage applications and vendor relationship
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partner teams on the planning, implementation, and roll-out of associated programs and solutions.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with business partners, including senior leadership teams, in order to propose and formulate solutions to meet the business needs and to drive efficiency and business value
- Lead organizational changes that enhances the company's ability to accelerate growth
- Consistently and prudently manage program finances as per established standards to ensure action plans have approved funding and do not exceed program budget.
- Travel up to 50%
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management or a related field
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience managing on-premise or external IT Solutions Strong Project Management experience. Preferably has Agile or PMP certification and tools like JIRA, Monday.com.
- Project delivery experience with technologies like React JS, Java and Postgres, mysql database.
- Experience in SAAS technologies like AWS, Azure including debugging applications in cloud environment.
- Exceptional organization and planning skills and process-driven thinking
- Self-starter, creative, enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative outlook
- Experience with integration middleware for interfacing store solutions to eCommerce and ERP systems is preferred
- Experience with business process mapping is preferred
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry