Job Title: Machine Operator Level 1
Department: Processing - (Edibles Department)
Reports to: Edibles Manager/Supervisor
FLSA Status: Regular- Non-Exempt
Location: Midway, FL
The Machine Operator 1 will install, maintain, and operate machinery in the Edibles Department. They must have a strong understanding of the machines they work with. The Machine Operators may work with mechanical or computer operated equipment. They must be technically inclined and be able to properly utilize tools and machinery. Since problems with machinery may arise, the Machine Operator must be able to analyze situations and find solutions.
Candidates for this position should be detail-oriented and willing to learn. The Machine Operator should be able to follow instructions, work with others, and help ensure that all safety regulations are followed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery.
- Operate tools in order to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Perform periodic checks on equipment and solve problems as detected.
- Work with others in order to ensure that equipment is in proper working order.
- Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations.
- Lead communication between line leadership.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Effectively communicate with Lead and Supervisor
- Combination of additional education and experience.
- Aptitude for math, problem-solving, computers, and mechanics.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others.
- Proficiency with hand tools.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background screening
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- 40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace