Job Title: Budtender
Reports To: Lead
Job Status: Regular Full Time
Type: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Pay Rate: $14.00-15.00
This position is our “initial” contact with our customer, therefore this individual must possess a high-energy, positive, “can-do” attitude. To be successful in this position, the Budtender must be knowledgeable of all cannabis related products, events taking place in the local area, and knows the cannabis market trends.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acknowledge, greet and engage each guest upon entering the Store.
- Provide exceptional customer service and a shopping experience considered second-to-none in accordance with Between the Ferns’ standards.
- Accurately and efficiently conduct sales according to established policies and procedures. Collect payment, dispense change, and provide customers with purchase receipts.
- Maintain an appropriate level of stock and merchandise at all times, including, but not limited to, all THC products, associated accessories, and promotional items.
- Compliance with Tribal laws (and store policies) pertinent to the retail cannabis industry.
- Demonstrate positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude at all times, while promoting importance of effective teamwork.
- Maintain positive working relationships through respectful, open and effective two-way communication with all coworkers, supervisors, and all management.
- Practice safe work habits; maintain a high level of store cleanliness, organization, and a safe work environment.
- Assist with additional duties as needed, including, but not limited to stocking, cleaning, and basic maintenance.
- Alert supervisor of any broken of damaged items, as well as any suspicious activity in and around the store.
PREFERENCE: Indian Preference applies to all Between the Ferns positions.
The qualifications listed below are required for the incumbent to have, in order to be considered for the position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING FOR POSITION:
- high School Diploma or GED is required; and
- six months’ experience in budtending is preferred; and
- strong retail operations knowledge, including retail POS systems, merchandising, and customer service.
REQUIRED SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES FOR POSITION:
- knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services ( including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction); and
- giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate; and
- effective communication; written, verbal, and interpersonal skills; and
- basic computer and software experience using MS Office products; and
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment.; and
- organized and professional with exceptional attention to detail.
REQUIRED CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- must pass drug test for illegal and/or non-prescribed controlled substances at time of hire and throughout employment; and
- all applicants must be at least 21 years of age with no prior felony offenses.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.):
- between the Ferns is a retail establishment, operating 7 days a week with evening hours; and
- staff are expected to work schedules provided in advance with leave time pursuant to store policy; and
- while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods and frequently required to talk and listen; and
- manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, calculator, and telephone system; and
- ability to lift up to 20+ pounds without assistance occasionally; and
- typical retail setting with environmentally controlled conditions; and
- read, write, speak and understand English; and
- operate in mentally and physically stressful situations with composure; and
- may have to walk/drive between office locations under a variety of conditions; and
- must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip from assigned work areas.
I have read and understand the position requirements as stated above. I understand that occasionally I may be instructed to perform duties that are not listed above but are relative to my position.