Job Title: Store Assistant Manager
Reports To: Store Manager
Job Status: Regular Full Time (exempt)
Pay Rate: $19.00 -$23.00.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for providing direct support to Between the Ferns’ Store Manager in the overall operation of the store, including organizing, coordinating and regulating all product lines. The Assistant Store Manager will monitor all employee performance, ensure that all customer interactions meet the store’s standards of excellence, and support the Inventory Clerk.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trains, coaches, develops and mentors subordinate personnel in all aspects of customer service. Continually monitors, evaluates and disciplines assigned personnel as necessary according to Between the Ferns’ policies.
- Establishes weekly work schedules for the store and ensures proper staffing coverage. Maintains an awareness of special events and promotions that may affect business levels and schedules staff accordingly to ensure all customers receive exemplary service throughout their experience.
- Conducts inspections of the establishment to ensure compliance with all Tribal, Federal and State occupational, health and safety standards and regulations.
- Assesses and analyzes industry trends, identifies ideal product lines to be maintained and presented for sale based on local demographic needs.
- Maintains accurate point-of-sale records and updates point-of-sale system as needed, including inventory and pricing structure. Promotes accountability of point-of-sale transactions by ensuring all staff adheres to store cash policies and procedures. Responsible for the correct accounting and handling of all cash transactions, including the maintenance of accurate records.
- Compliance with Tribal law pertinent to the retail cannabis industry and store policies.
- Maintain close communication with the Store Manager and General Manager concerning the operations of the cannabis outlet.
- Works with the Store Manager in developing and implementing promotional materials and sales that will increase patronage and profitability.
- Directs and maintains the overall cleanliness and appearance of the store.
- Ensures the highest standards of guest service and satisfaction, including addressing guest complaints in a prompt and timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned by the Store Manager, or General Manager.
PREFERENCE: Indian Preference Policy applies to this and all positions with the Nooksack Indian Tribe.
The qualifications listed below are required for the incumbent to have, in order to be considered for the position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING FOR POSITION:
- at least two years supervisory experience in Cannabis is required; and
- strong personnel management and retail operations knowledge, including inventory control, loss prevention, retail POS systems, merchandising, customer service, and budget preparation.
REQUIRED SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES FOR POSITION:
- knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services (including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction); and
- knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services (including marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems); and
- effective communication; written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution; and
- the ability to work independently and possesses a sense of urgency, is high energy, and applies a hands-on approach; and
- basic computer and software experience using MS Office products.
REQUIRED CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- must pass drug test for illegal and/or non-prescribed controlled substances at time of hire and throughout employment; and
- must pass criminal background check at time of hire and periodically thereafter; and
- all applicants must be at least 21 years of age with no prior felony offenses.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.):
- between the Ferns is a retail establishment, operating 7 days a week with evening hours. Staff are expected to work schedules provided in advance with leave time pursuant to store policy; and
- while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods and frequently required to talk and listen; and
- sitting for extended periods; and
- manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, calculator, and telephone system; and
- ability to lift up to 20+ pounds without assistance occasionally; and
- typical retail setting with environmentally controlled conditions; and
- read, write, speak and understand English; and
- operate in mentally and physically stressful situations with composure; and
- may have to walk/drive between office locations under a variety of conditions; and
- must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip from assigned work areas.
I have read and understand the position requirements as stated above. I further, understand that occasionally I may be instructed to perform duties that are not listed above but are relative to my position.