Communications Associate, Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
The Communications Associate will work closely with the Senior Manager and Director to support the development and implementation of the overall global communications strategy at Tilray Inc. and its subsidiaries. In this role, the Associate will support multiple aspects of communications including corporate affairs, public relations and internal communications.
The right candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications skills and will help maintain and modernize all internal communication channels.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the execution of communications strategies for Tilray Inc. and its subsidiaries, providing support to global communications as needed.
- Support and maintain Tilray's internal communications channels.
- Manage distribution of internal communications to intended audiences; partner with internal teams to ensure distribution lists and key functional contact lists are kept accurate and current.
- Create, organize and maintain running coverage recaps.
- Maintain communications files including: communications briefs, talking points, media clips, and news report schedule etc.
- Draft messaging, content and collateral to use across channels (content includes, but is not limited to, leadership aimouncements, capability launches, project rollouts, etc).
- Help manage the press inbox and route requests appropriately
- Help maintain updates to key corporate communications policies and plans
- Support strategic planning process and maintenance of shared calendars with various communications partners
- Support management of internal process to enhance global coordination and alignment of communications activities (protocols for corporate communication)
- Coordinate with key agency partners
- Coordinate logistics for corporate affairs and PR events (i.e. townhalls, executive speaking engagements, press days and desksides, brand and product launches, etc.)
- Support the development of internal and external presentations and talking points for executives
- Maintain calendar of key communications activities and milestones
- Bachelor's Degree minimum, degree in communications, journalism, or public relations is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years in Public Relations or marketing related experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and presence with the ability to communicate and coordinate with a wide-range of business partners, including senior leaders and agencies.
- Able to demonstrate learning agility, meet tight deadlines and effectively balance competing priorities.
- Highly detail oriented with strong project management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.