Talent Acquisition Specialist – Leamington ON.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will support Tilray’s hiring strategy to identify and retain employees in this emerging industry. This includes, but is not limited to, collaborating with hiring managers to identify hiring needs, recruiting Management and Professional positions, managing the applicant tracking system for vacancies that are currently advertised, pre-screening applicants and scheduling interviews, and tracking the status of candidates throughout the recruitment processes. The successful incumbent will use their recruitment experience to source candidates, identify and attend Career Fairs, identify solutions for candidate attraction, and build and maintain a network of potential passive and active candidates through proactive sourcing and networking.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of:
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers to create a partnership that produces results and builds credibility; ensure the highest service-level standards for both candidates and hiring managers
- Review candidate resumes and identify candidates for interview
- Perform in-person and phone interviews with candidates
- Build and maintain a network of potential passive and active candidates through proactive sourcing and networking
- Manage the applicant tracking system to input and track status of advertised vacancies and look for ways to streamline processes
- Recommend innovative talent attraction strategies to meet the Tilray’s current needs and anticipate future needs
- Conduct pre-screen interviews, reference checks, and criminal background checks for prospective employees, as required
- Track the status of candidates and follow-up at the end of the recruitment process
- Manage the recruitment for various positions simultaneously, including offer letter preparation, transfer of computer record, and personnel file contents
- Report recruitment results using KPIs and various Trackers
- Prepare application, vacancy, and job fair materials; ensure materials are available for visitors; sends materials to applicants as requested
- Liaison with 3rd party recruitment agencies, as required
To be successful in this position you will have the following:
- Diploma specializing in Human Resources and/or Bachelor degree in Business Administration, with a major in Human Resources, and working towards RPR preferred
- 5+ years of recruitment experience in a fast pace environment
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience with recruiting roles in Pharmaceutical/Manufacturing/Production/Consumer goods and/or Supply Chain industry
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to be resilient and adaptable in a fast-paced environment of change or ambiguity
- Ability to listen, question, analyze and communicate in a clear and simple manner
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities, analyze facts and data, and develop and implement solutions
- Demonstrates integrity, ethics, confidentiality, and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills supporting teamwork and collaboration, and demonstrating good judgment and diplomacy
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
Internal Candidates: For any internal applicants, we ask that you bring a hard copy of your resume with a supporting cover letter to the Human Resources Office, send a direct email to our Talent Acquisition Specialist or apply online at https://www.tilray.com/careers
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Tilray is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.