As the Director, Facilities, you will be responsible for supporting our retail locations by maintaining and repairing Green Thumb’s multi-state portfolio of building and property assets. In addition, you will ensure we have safe and well-functioning store environments for our teams, patients, customers, and guests. As a qualified candidate, you must have knowledge and experience in maintaining mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems; outlining janitorial and landscaping plans/SOP’s; project management of construction/remodeling projects; managing and mentoring a team; general familiarity with contract and lease language; and experience with demonstrated success creating and adhering to annual budgets.
Our main goal is safety for all our employees and as the leader of the Facilities team retail and tenant spaces; you will be responsible for the safety of all team members, patients, customers, and guests in a rapidly expanding and evolving retail business. You will be expected to collaborate with leaders from various teams including Operations, Real Estate, Finance, Design, Construction, and Security. We are a progressive company looking for a mix of contemporary solutions and trusted standards to ensure safe and creative spaces that are grounded in wellness and truthful to our cannabis roots.
- Develop and manage budgets for spend for capital expenses. Achieve cost effective solutions to ensure great experiences in a safe shopping environment.
- Partner with Senior Director, Store Development and Construction on the development of strategic facility plans to facilitate capital spending requirements.
- Responsible for the safety of all team members, patients, customers, and guests in a rapidly expanding and evolving retail business.
- Help implement and manage technology solution for work order process and flow, multi-level spending approvals, invoicing, etc.
- Oversee all facility related projects, specific to the retail environment; ensure timelines are met, managing costs, staying abreast on status of work and schedules, oversight of labor and material cost estimates, equipment purchases, facility improvements, approving invoices.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration industry laws, regulations, codes, and guidelines.
- Manage and mentor employees by providing coaching and development opportunities, selection and training, mentoring, assigning duties, building a team-based culture embodying GTI values and behaviors, establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations, providing recognition and rewards
- Establishing goals and targets on maintenance costs, tracking facility-scheduled preventive maintenance service completion, monitoring contractor performance
- Ensure all stores have an established routine maintenance, janitorial and landscaping cadence.
- Ensure quarterly/annual inspections of mechanical assets as needed.
- Ensure all facilities processes adhere to necessary state and local cannabis regulations.
- Ensure scheduling of inspections for generator, ATS, Fire Life Systems & Fire Sprinkler Systems.
- Establish emergency response protocol with key service contractors.
- Be the lead responder for critical building issues.
- Develop & manage relationships & agreements between GTI and contract service providers.
- Support the various departments within the building by executing work orders.
- Assess and recommend maintenance needs as the business grows.
- Identify efficiencies and cost savings by evaluating current and future projects, examining location needs, evaluating current facility assets, etc.
- 7+ years of proven experience managing facilities process and teams in fast-moving retail environment
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry