“Trulieve Grows One Patient at a Time”
If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation in you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
Our specially trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website;
Requisition ID: 4253
Remote Work Available: Yes
Reporting to: Regional Controller
Location: This position is intended to be remote, but the individual must be located in Florida. (Preferably in or close to Tampa, FL)
Trulieve, a leading emerging growth company in the cannabis industry, is looking for a Senior Accountant to fill a key role within the Finance team. The position will support various aspects of the department and day-to-day financial operations of the company. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for posting journal entries, preparing account reconciliations on various balance sheet accounts, preparing expense analyses, performing analysis on account activity and preparing commentary as needed, assisting with quarter- and year-end audits and supporting inquiries from company personnel. The role will closely interface with the other Finance functions as well as functions across the organization and report to the Accounting Manager.
- Assist in the month-end close process, including preparing journal entries in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts with appropriate support and expense analysis of P&L accounts
- Properly record and maintain areas such as cash, prepaid expenses, leases, intangible assets, accruals
- Assist in preparing schedules for public company filings (10-Q and 10-K)
- Gather documentation and support for internal and external auditors for quarter- and year-end audits
- Answer accounting and financial inquiries by researching and interpreting data
- Assist in implementing and documenting accounting policies and procedures to ensure all financial transactions are executed in accordance with GAAP
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements as well as company policies and procedures
- Participate in continuous improvement process for both SAP system and accounting areas
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, participating in special projects, system enhancements or ad-hoc analyses as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in accounting, mix of public and corporate preferred
- Up-to-date with current GAAP accounting standards
- CPA or working towards a plus
- Experience working with external auditors
- Demonstrated success working both individually and within a team in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-oriented environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Knowledge of accounting software and systems, particularly SAP is a big plus
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to work effectively cross-functionally and with subsidiaries
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (i.e. pivot tables, V-lookups, etc)
- Self-starter and able to quickly learn new responsibilities
- High attention to detail required
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background screening
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 40 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
Trulieve provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.