Trulieve is a vertically integrated "seed-to-sale" company based in Florida, with operations in California, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. Trulieve cultivates and produces all of its products in-house and distributes those products to Trulieve-branded stores (dispensaries) throughout the State of Florida and will soon be doing the same in Massachusetts. Our new Holyoke, MA manufacturing facility is looking for an Extraction Manager to join our growing team!
Job Title: Extraction Manager
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Regular- Exempt
Location: Holyoke, MA
This job carries significant administrative, regulatory and compliance duties and responsibilities including the hiring, training, safety awareness, professional development and discipline of the laboratory employees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying and implementing new technologies and methodologies to improve laboratory workflow, extractions, product development and data quality as financially possible.
- Ensuring the constant improvement of the teams’ knowledge base on lab procedures and extraction methods, including safety awareness, knowledge of hazards, OSHA, Food Safety, company standards and quality control.
- Representing the company in regulatory meetings, lab industry meetings and events.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance, including safety, environmental and document control requirements.
- Providing technical guidance to the facility with respect to any technical questions or new services.
- Analyzing production requirements and work assignments, based upon capacity to achieve production schedule and departmental objectives. Promoting an environment of continual improvement and open communication with all levels of staff.
- Planning and organizing production schedules and coordinating with operations personnel to identify and address market opportunities and operational weaknesses.
- Working with Analytical Laboratory Manager in monitoring quality control to ensure high quality, accurate results.
- Must be accessible 7 days a week either on-site or by phone to address any laboratory issues.
- Approving any changes to the technical SOPs.
- Periodically auditing the staff during process to ensure compliance with SOPs.
- Investigating all adverse events, errors and complaints; documenting investigations and determining the root cause.
- Resolving conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner, asking for assistance of HR as needed and when required.
- Participating actively in department team and all-staff meetings.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced botanical extractions knowledge and expertise is required for this position.
- Expertise in Hydrocarbon extraction and Ethanol extraction is required, CO2 experience is preferable.
- Experience in solvent-less extraction techniques is required and rosin production is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in science, engineering or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Broad knowledge of scientific principles, theories, and technologies applicable to chemistry in general.
- 3-5 years of experience in related position with an emphasis in an operations production/manufacturing environment.
- Manufacturing scale up experience desired (ISO, LEAN, etc.).
- Knowledge of management and organizational concepts, principles, and techniques with demonstrated expertise in research administration.
- Excellent critical thinking skills to be able to troubleshoot any issue with the processes and instrumentation.
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust to changing project needs in evolving situations. Results driven.
- Exposure to a fast pace/deadline related environment is preferred.
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Experienced crisis manager who demonstrates a high level of emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead personnel to a successful resolution.
- Advanced employee relations skills, including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including coaching and delegation techniques.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- Strong math and computer skills, including ability to create and interpret data.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background screening
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- 40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace