Job Title: Supervisor
Reports To: Assistant Store Manager
Job Status: Regular Full Time
Type: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Pay Rate: $16.00-$17.50.
The Supervisor is responsible for the overall performance of the Budtender(s) and serves as “front line” management and has daily contact with our customers. The Supervisor should possess great working knowledge of our new hire procedures, store products, and the POS software. This position requires a “can-do, positive, upbeat personality”, an impeccable knowledge of the store’s product lines, as well as what is “hip and happening” in the cannabis world. The ideal candidate will also be fluent in all forms of social media, as well as what is trending in their local community.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Have a full working knowledge of opening/closing procedures at Between the Ferns, including securing the building and property.
- Acknowledge, greet and engage each guest upon entering the store and provide an exceptional experience considered second-to-none in accordance with Between the Ferns’ standards.
- Accurately and efficiently conduct sales according to established policies and procedures, including collecting payment, dispensing change, and providing customers with purchase receipts.
- Maintain an appropriate level of stock and merchandise at all times, including, but not limited to, all THC products, associated accessories, and promotional items.
- Compliance with Tribal laws pertinent to the retail cannabis industry and store policies.
- Demonstrate positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude at all times, while promoting importance of effective teamwork.
- Maintain positive working relationships through respectful, open and effective two-way communication with all coworkers, supervisors, and management.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the security of restricted access points.
- Count, record, and turn in cash drops at the end of shifts, reset budtender banks.
- Complete checklists in compliance with Between the Ferns’ policy.
- Practice safe work habits; maintain a high level of store cleanliness, organization, and a safe work environment.
- All other duties as assigned by the Store Manager, Assistant Manager and General Manager.
PREFERENCE: Indian Preference applies to all positions with Between the Ferns.
The qualifications listed below are required for the incumbent to have, in order to be considered for the position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING FOR POSITION:
- high School Diploma or GED is required; and
- six months’ experience in Cannabis Industry Leadership Position; and
- strong retail operations knowledge, including retail POS systems, merchandising, and customer service.
REQUIRED SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES FOR POSITION:
- knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services (including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction); and
- giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate; and
- use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; and
- effective communication; written, verbal, and interpersonal skills; and
- basic computer and software experience using MS Office products; and
- the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.; and
- organized and professional. Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail; and
- ability to work under pressure/ able to diffuse tense situations with unhappy customers.
REQUIRED CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- must pass drug test for illegal and/or non-prescribed controlled substances at time of hire and throughout employment; and
- must pass criminal background check at time of hire and periodically thereafter; and
- all applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.):
- between the Ferns is a retail establishment, operating 7 days a week with evening hours; and
- staff are expected to work schedules provided in advance with leave time pursuant to store policy; and
- while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods and frequently required to talk and listen.; and
- manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, calculator, and telephone system; and
- the ability to lift up to 20+ pounds without assistance occasionally; and
- typical retail setting with environmentally controlled conditions; and
- read, write, speak and understand English; and
- operate in mentally and physically stressful situations with composure; and
- may have to walk/drive between office locations under a variety of conditions; and
- must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip from assigned work areas.
I have read and understand the position requirements as stated above. I understand that occasionally I may be instructed to perform duties that are not listed above but are relative to my position.