Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Compliance Manager to join our distribution team with locations in Marshall, MI. The Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring that our distribution facilities and operations remain compliant with state and local regulations. A successful candidate has the ability to interpret and apply compliance requirements for various departments with previous experience monitoring, investigating, and resolving inventory and QA discrepancies.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Host inspections with state and local regulatory and law enforcement agencies
- Collect, audit, and file required operational logs from all departments (warehouse ops, transportation, finance, security, HR) to ensure compliance
- Check and verify information for incoming and outgoing transfer manifests
- Collect and file all signed transfer manifests
- Oversee monthly inventory reconciliations of Track & Trace System
- Conduct routine compliance audits (monthly category & quarterly full facility audits)
- General compliance support and guidance as needed
- Additional roles and responsibilities as assigned
- Prepare monthly product and inventory inspection reports
- Ensure inventory cycles counts are completed on a monthly basis and investigate/ resolve any significant inventory discrepancies
- Analyze METRC reconciliation reports and file required discrepancy reports with state authorities when applicable
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Compliance, Legal, Ethics or Quality Control or similar field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of compliance experience, ideally in the regulated cannabis industry or another regulated industry, such as alcohol, tobacco, or manufacturing
- Must have the ability to develop and foster strong working relationships throughout all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills; the ability to either predict and / or identify and drive problem/issue to resolution in partnership with stakeholders
- Excellent people and communication skills (verbal and written), with ability to successfully explain complex matters and provide persuasive support for positions with internal stakeholders, outside partners, and to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to successfully manage a high-volume workload with tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented and ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Capable of handling confidential information discreetly and professionally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge or ability to develop working knowledge of all Michigan regulations
Cresco Labs requires that all corporate employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before September 30, 2021. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. If you require a medical or religious accommodation with regard to vaccination, please let us know once you receive an offer of employment (if applicable).
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.