Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada’s top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we’re looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Control Specialist will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing monitoring of the quality assurance and/or quality control systems for adult use cannabis in strict compliance with Health Canada’s Cannabis regulations. The Quality Specialist is responsible for supporting the company’s Quality Management, Production, Maintenance and Facilities departments.
- Performs QA monitoring in all areas of Belleville production processes and communicates results to respective area stakeholders;
- Performs laboratory functions such as testing, equipment management and test product development;
Provides inventory assistance;
- Assists in quality assurance activities and ensure compliance with Health Canada’s guidelines and guidelines pertaining to production, processing, packaging, labeling, shipping;
- Ensures compliance with regulations through internal auditing and quality systems by performing audits in production, facilities and maintenance for inventory, GPP, GMP and process quality compliance;
- Communicates any non-compliances to respective department stakeholders;
- Participates in investigation activities associated with problems or failures within the overall quality assurance systems, to analyze root cause, to propose appropriate corrective action, and to document with deviation reporting tools;
- Maintains accurate record keeping and cleanliness of work area;
- Liaises closely with colleagues and provides required QC/QA training for all areas of the facility to ensure efficient resolution of quality related issues;
- Monitors process control and QC data trends and reports and non-compliances to standards to respective department stakeholders;
- Follows procedures efficiently and consistently in laboratory and production environment;
- Provides support for product sampling and analysis in addition to raw material inspection and testing in accordance with Health Canada Regulations and best practices;
- Provides support to ensure compliance of Change Control System, Complaints System, Validation Deviation Investigation Reports (DIR), including Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA);
- Supports creation of quarterly Quality Assurance Reports for management;
- Supports the submission of Monthly Health Canada reports on inventory;
- Assists quality assurance requirements for production R+D projects.
What we look for:
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in a technical discipline required;
1-3 years experience as a Quality Specialist in either Manufacturing, Consumer Packaged Goods, Pharma or Cannabis industry;
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Food, Physical, or Biological Sciences preferred) is an asset;
- Food safety background a strong asset; Previous experience in a quality assurance or laboratory testing role would be an asset;
- Detail oriented and self-directed in execution of tasks required;
- Strong critical thinking and leadership skills;
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications;
- Keen learner, who continually strives to improve their skills and knowledge;
- Motivated team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail;
- Must possess a willingness to learn with a positive attitude; good communication and time management skills;
- Chemistry and Plant Biology knowledge is an asset;
- Familiarity with Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations and Cannabis Regulations is an asset;
- Must have the ability to obtain security clearance as per Health Canada Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations.
HEXO Corp. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, or genetic information and encourages applications from all minority groups.