Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
The Quality Assurance Specialist is accountable for the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the quality assurance and control systems in strict compliance with the Cannabis Act and former Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). The QA Person is responsible for leading the sites Quality Assurance operations.
- Collaborate with Quality Control, Regulatory Affairs, Operations, and Marketing departments to ensure compliance with Health Canada regulations and guidelines.
- Lead review and enforcement to Canadian and EU cGMP.
- Support continuous quality improvement through participation in HACCP.
- Review and approval of input materials, equipment, premises, and standard operating procedures.
- Review and approval of product for sale.
- Review of quality complaints and their associated investigations.
- Participate in internal audits for other Canopy Growth production facilities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in developing and leading continual improvement of a cGMP Quality Management System
- Knowledge of the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations, Cannabis Act, Food and Drugs Act, Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, Pest Control Products Act, and Fertilizer Act.
- Experience in an ISO:9001, ISO:13485, or ISO:17025 environment is considered an asset.
- BSc in pharmacology, toxicology or related field (Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, etc)
- Minimum three years’ experience in a cGMP regulated environment.
This is a full time position based out of Smiths Falls, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.