Title: Corporate Controller
Trulieve is looking for a passionate Corporate Controller to fill a key role within the Finance team. The position will oversee all Accounting operations, Technical Accounting and External Reporting for a public cannabis company. The role will closely interface with Investor Relations and all functions of the organization, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the preparation and timely filing of all public (soon-to-be SEC) filings for a growing public cannabis company (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and other SEC related filings)
- Lead research of technical accounting matters and prepare accounting memos and position papers
- Assessment of impact all new accounting standards and implementation of necessary procedures and controls to adopt if applicable
- Oversee entire Accounting function, inclusive of directly supervising Accounting Manager and External Reporting Manager
- Direct and ensure a timely monthly and quarterly close process to issue timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP and internal management reporting requirements
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all financial accounts
- Lead the consolidation of all company subsidiaries
- Maintenance of financial dashboards and other internal trackers and management reporting
- Lead tax compliance and coordinate taxes with outsourced provider
- Oversee all accounting policies, procedures and systems
- Ensure a strong internal control environment and be a key driver in getting the company SOX compliant.
- Lead the company's conversion from IFRS to GAAP and preparing its S-1 registration statement
- Primary Investors Relations contact in the preparation of materials for the quarterly earnings call and press release
- Preparation of Audit Committee presentations on monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Primary point of contact and lead liaison with all external and internal auditors
- Ensure all reconciliations and analyses within the group are SOX-ready and ready to be reviewed by external auditors
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, participating in special projects, system enhancements or ad-hoc analyses as assigned
Skill and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Minimum of 12 years of progressive experience in public accounting and corporate accounting, including experience in the preparation of financial statements, consolidations, income tax accounting and managing an Accounting Department
- Minimum 2 years public accounting experience
- Extensive external reporting experience
- Extensive Sarbanes Oxley experience
- Previous supervisor experience
- Ability to mentor and train staff
- Up-to-date with current GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Extensive experience working with both internal and external auditors
- Demonstrated success working both individually and within a team in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-oriented environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Knowledge of accounting software and systems is preferred (SAP is a big plus)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to work effectively cross-functionally and with subsidiaries
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (i.e., pivot tables, VLookups, etc.)
- Self-starter and able to quickly learn new responsibilities
- High attention to detail required
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background screening.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
This position will work an average of 40 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise. Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position.
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure requirements of this position can be fully met. Due to the nature of our business, it is advocated that when representing Trulieve that our professionalism meets the needs of the medical patient base that we respectively serve. To uniformly align with the organization, an individual must be able to provide a level of communication that aligns respectively with the diversification of our patients which may exhibit opportunities to assess the situation and apply meaningful service. In addition, must be able to quickly identify and insert additional support where needed to deescalate situations without compromising Trulieve’s objective in serving our patient base with excellent customer service.
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace