Title: External Reporting Manager
Trulieve is looking for a passionate External Reporting Manager that will assist with the preparation and review of external filings (soon-to-be SEC filings) for a growing cannabis company (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and other SEC related filings) as well as materials for the quarterly earnings call and other external presentations and projects. This position will also assist in establishing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures, and determining the accounting treatment for specific accounting issues. On an as needed basis, this position will also assist with monthly close responsibilities, including but not limited to review and preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations. This position will report to the Corporate Controller and work closely with Investor Relations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare all public company external financial statements (10-K, 10-Q)
- Assist in the preparation and review of information included in the financial statements, footnotes, MD&A and related information and schedules which are included in SEC filings
- Monitor and assess the impact of SEC and FASB newly released regulations and pronouncements and assist in the implementation of accounting and reporting related to new pronouncements
- Assist in the assessment and review of financial reporting internal controls
- Assist in the identification and resolution of technical accounting issues by providing well-documented technical accounting guidance and recommendations to management
- Assist in the development and improvement of the Company’s accounting policies and procedures
- Review disclosures of various public companies for reporting practices and improvements to Company disclosures
- Preparation and ownership of SEC filing tie-out binder and supporting information
- Be a key driver in the getting the company SOX-compliant
- Work with Investor Relations on the preparation of materials for the quarterly earnings call and press release
- Assist with month-end close procedures as necessary, including but not limited to journal entry and account reconciliation preparation and or review
Skill and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting
- CPA or MBA required
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in a public accounting or similar corporate environment
- Extensive knowledge of public company filing requirements and disclosures
- Previous supervisor experience
- Ability to mentor and train staff
- Sarbanes Oxley experience
- Demonstrated success working both individually and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline oriented environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written skills for the preparation of accounting memos as needed
- Extensive experience working with both internal and external auditors
- Knowledge of accounting software and systems is preferred (SAP is a big plus)
- Self-starter and able to quickly learn new responsibilities
- High attention to detail required
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background screening.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
This position will work an average of 40 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise. Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position.
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure requirements of this position can be fully met. Due to the nature of our business, it is advocated that when representing Trulieve that our professionalism meets the needs of the medical patient base that we respectively serve. To uniformly align with the organization, an individual must be able to provide a level of communication that aligns respectively with the diversification of our patients which may exhibit opportunities to assess the situation and apply meaningful service. In addition, must be able to quickly identify and insert additional support where needed to deescalate situations without compromising Trulieve’s objective in serving our patient base with excellent customer service.
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace