Waste Management Lead? - Cantanhede, Portugal
Tilray Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY) is a global pioneer in the research, cultivation, production and distribution of cannabis currently serving patients and consumers in fifteen countries spanning five continents. Tilray operates state-of-the-art cannabis facilities in Canada and Portugal and teams in the U.S., Australia & New Zealand, Europe and Latin America. Tilray is pioneering the future of the industry globally by forging industry-disruptive partnerships and building a robust house of brands.
Reporting to the MEST Supervisor, the Waste Management Lead duties & responsibilities will include to give support to leading the waste management inside the installations until they be disposed into the internal waste facilities; to coordinate production cleaning tasks and guarantee that all the documentation required is filled in accordance to the internal requirements.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Managing the waste areas, including waste identification, collection and transportation whenever necessary during the day, of all waste type;
- Coordinate all the tasks necessary for the disposal of green waste, from transportation, weighing, shredding, including filling in all necessary documentation;
- Responsible for completing all documentation related with the production of waste;
- Help in the training of all the workers on the importance of proper separation of the various types of waste;
- Guarantee that the containers are in conditions to be used and that the waste flow is met;
- Coordinate all the tasks necessary for cleaning the production areas;
- Ensure the stock and the replacement of gowning and PPE’s;
- Coordinate and manage team staff in daily tasks.
Qualifications and education requirements:
- Highschool or equivalent;
- 3-5 years prior experience working in a similar role;
- Experience in team management (minimum 3 year);
- Have excellent communication and organization skills;
- Highly capable of multi-tasking, time-management skills and process optimization;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications;
- Ability to perform and comply with company’s Good Documentation Practices;
- Intermediate level of English (both written and verbal).
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org