MedMen is North America’s leading cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen and The MedMen Foundation at www.medmen.com
Looking for CPA with strong technical accounting skills who will provide technical accounting guidance on complex accounting issues and transactions. In addition, this individual will be responsible for all aspects of the Company’s US SEC compliance in routine annual and interim filings, the evaluation of technical accounting matters and adoptions of new accounting standards, equity accounting and valuation of various instruments using Black Scholes. This person will play a key role in diligence and audit compliance requests.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial statements under US GAAP for filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and informational filings in the CSE.
- Project leader in implementation of cloud-based SEC filing software and responsible for all 1933 act filings and working with advisors on other 1934 act flings.
- Work closely with SEC counsel and executives.
- Serve as primary contact with external auditors and coordinate directly with external auditors, tax advisors, and various consultants.
- Responsible for evaluation and conclusion of technical accounting matters stemming from business transaction including debt financings, leases, business acquisitions, restructurings, and other complex areas.
- Assess adoption of new accounting guidance and work closely with the accounting team to disseminate new accounting practices.
- Maintain and update the accounting policy manual.
- Lead internal controls effort including designing and documenting appropriate procedures/best practices.
- Oversees administration of equity awards and completes accounting and reporting of related stock-based compensation accounting.
- Responsible for annual goodwill and impairment analysis
- Ensure quarterly SOX compliance activities are performed timely, when applicable.
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
• Strong understanding of GAAP and current in recently issued accounting guidance
• Strong understanding of SEC filing process
• Experience with Active Disclosure, Workiva or similar product, preferred
• CPA or equivalent
• 7+ years technical accounting experience with at least 4 years at top-tier firm
• Excellent writing skills with demonstrated expertise drafting technical accounting memos.
No supervisor responsibilities for this role.
This position spends most of her/his time sitting or standing in an office. Occasional weekends or nights may be a regular part of the job especially during filing season.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Depending on work location, travel may be expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws.