At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
As the Store Manager’s right hand, the Assistant Store Manager supports the Store Manager with the overall store experience, employee experience, results and operations. Our ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, passionate and a proven leader. With experience in retail management, you are capable of building and motivating a team of outgoing, results-oriented sales staff that act as brand ambassadors for Tokyo Smoke inside and outside of the store.
You know what it takes to be a team player and partner with a Store Manager to create a thriving retail business and culture. Some would call you a trailblazer - you aren’t afraid of taking risks or dealing with ambiguity. You thrive in environments where you get to problem solve, be creative and overcome challenges to achieve business metrics. Recognizing that we operate in a burgeoning industry, you see the immense value in our retail locations as billboards for the brand and take pride in improving all aspects of the store to ensure Tokyo Smoke’s success within the recreational cannabis landscape.
- Use strong floor management skills to manage the day-to-day operations of the store and drive sales
- Partner with the Store Manager to drive sales and brand awareness
- Support with overseeing the store architecture and delegating duties accordingly
- Support the Store Manager to ensure staff are engaged and decrease turnover
- Assist in hiring and building strong internal pipelines through coaching
- Deliver exceptional customer service and lead by example
- Support in managing all in-store product and merchandise
- Offer solutions to the Store Manager to build a strong business and culture
- Seize opportunities to drive results and ensure operational excellence
- Train and develop your team of retail sales staff; ensure staff are educated on all products
- Build and cultivate lasting customer relationships and enable all staff members to do the same
- Demonstrate strong time management and organization skills to keep priorities in focus
- Effectively communicate needs and ideas to upper management in order to elevate the business
- Meet sales targets and ensure the business achieves profitability by supporting the Store Manager in controlling costs (labour, supplies, inventory etc.)
- Create relationships with local businesses and participate in community events
- Stay up-to-date (and ensure staff are up to date as well) with product knowledge, company information, new launches, campaigns and promotions
- Enforce all company policies and programs, ensuring compliance
- Adhere to all legislative requirements of cannabis retailers, including federal, provincial and municipal legislation
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3-5 years in retail management
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Resourceful, creative and solution-oriented
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize
- A leader with a proven ability to train others and retain talent
- Ability to analyze sales reports, identify business trends, and react quickly to the needs of the business
- Strong floor leadership and coaching skills to develop and motivate a sales team
- Proven ability to drive positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Industry awareness and strong business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Passionate about cannabis and are excited to bring it to market for recreational purposes
- Open to feedback and coaching
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and personal responsibility
- Comfortable working variable shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Comfortable lifting and unpacking boxes that may weigh 5-30 lbs
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in a regulated environment before
- Bonus points if you have completed your Sell Safe training and hold a Qualified Cannabis Workers certification
This is a regular part-time role based out of Brandon, Manitoba.
We appreciate your interest, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify your Talent Acquisition Partner. Please note, the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.